– Refined Sugar Free – Dairy Free – Gluten Free – Soy Free – Egg Free – Low Calorie –
If you are having the whole family over for Easter tomorrow brunch and you don’t know what drinks to serve, I have you covered! This non-alcoholic, antioxidant -loaded, delicious drink is going to change your world. Not only is this super easy to make, but it tastes so refreshing. Plus, it has natural occurring caffeine to keep you up and running all day long.
This is very low in calories – especially if you do not add any sweetener. Somedays I like to enjoy this infused green tea without any honey or agave – other days I feel like I need a little sugar 😉
Don’t feel limited to the ingredients I have written below. Go ahead and try a different tea flavour or mix with a different fruit. Sometimes I sub the frozen berries for frozen pineapple chunks and then I add some basil.
Make the green tea the night before or with plenty time in advance… That will give you the chance to properly chill it. In the pictures, I have used cilantro as my herb. If you like mint, I recommend you try fresh mint leaves instead. I can’t stand mint… So this was the better option for me. Enjoy 🙂
What you’ll need:
- 6-8 Cups Jasmine Green Tea (Chilled) *Note: You may need multiple tea bags to make the tea strong enough
- 2 Cups Frozen Mixed Berries (Raspberries, Black Berries, Blueberries)
- A Bunch of Fresh Mint Leaves
- One Lemon, Sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp of Honey or Agave Syrup (or more to taste) *Optional
- Make the green tea to directions. Store in a pitcher. Let chill in the fridge overnight or 6-8 hours before serving.
- Prior to serving, add the frozen fruit, lemon slices, mint leaves, and sweetener to the chilled green tea pitcher.
- I recommend placing the fully loaded pitcher back in the fridge for another hour or so. This will give the fruit and mint a stronger taste; However, you can simply stir the mixture really well and serve right away.
- Enjoy cold!