As someone who experiences anxiety, endometriosis, leaky gut and mood swings, vitamins have really helped improve my health, energy and overall well-being.
I am quite picky with my vitamin routine. I am a firm believer that less is more. My vitamin routine can change often depending on the current state of my body.
Right now, I am transitioning off my mood disorder/anxiety medication and my birth control that I was taking for years. There are only one or two supplements that I have added to my lifestyle to assist in this transition. I believe my vitamin routine should be reasonably priced, fit for my unique body and easy to maintain everyday. Every person is unique and has their own health concerns that they need to prioritize.
**Before you make any changes to your vitamin routine, please consult a doctor!!
Staples for every day. I have three vitamins that I take every single day. These are the vitamins that do not change as I age or change.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acid: I take with breakfast for glowing skin, fighting constipation and to improve brain function.
- Liquid Magnesium: I take before bed. Best for sore muscles, reducing anxiety, improving sleep and fighting constipation.
- Multi-Strain Probiotic: I take a probiotic first thing in the morning with a glass of water before food. Good gut health equals glowing skin, improved mood + energy.
Currently adding to my daily routine:
- Baby + Me 2 Multi Prenatal Vitamin by Mega Foods: I take this vitamin with breakfast. I really like the way I feel when I take this supplement. The B and D reduce my anxiety and help increase my energy. I am off the birth control pill so I always take a prenatal because my doctor recommended it.
What I add when I am feeling run down:
- Vitamin C: I take up to 5000mg/daily if I am feeling under the weather. Vitamin C also helps fight constipation.
When I am feeling stressed:
- Passion Flower Extract: This has been a game-changer as I transition off my medications. Whenever I know I have something stressful that day or I am feeling down, I take one of these Passion Flower Extract pills and it takes the edge off.
These are the vitamins I use consistently. I am lucky enough to have an amazing naturopath that I consult regularly. I used to rely heavily on western drugs as a teenager. I now have discovered that sometimes total well-being starts with your lifestyle. I now believe that vitamins should not act as a crutch for your poor eating habits. I think it is crucial to get your nutritious primarily from your wholesome food sources. Eating REAL foods will have you radiating from the inside-out.
If you are looking to improve your health with vitamins, I would recommend you do your research or consult a professional. See what works for you!