My word of 2019 is MANIFESTATION.
Why? Because unless we tell the universe what we want, we will never get it. Have you ever heard of the law of attraction? Like thoughts + energies attract like! For instance, if you want something, you need to think it, feel it and be with that thought every single day.
What are some ways you can incorporate manifesting techniques in your everyday life? It is easy! I am a visual person. I like to see what it is that I WANT in life so that I can feel it.
Here are four exercises you can do this week to manifest your dreams. This manifestation sequence is to set you up with:
1. Methods to identify your dream life!
2. How to hold yourself accountable.
- Vision Boarding
My life drastically changed the moment I started manifesting with vision boards. I use Pinterest to create my virtual vision boards.
How to create a vision board with Pinterest:
- Create a Pinterest account if you do not have one already.
- Time to get creative. Create a board with a timeframe or date as the title. For example, “2021”.
- Think five sense. What do you want to look, hear, see, be, feel, taste and smell like in 2021?? Look up exactly what it is you want in life and pin it to your vision board. Get SUPER specific. For example, I want to vacation in Capri, Italy, drive a G-Wagon, wear Coco Chanel perfume, have a successful business where I am making six figures every year, and have two healthy children. Look up pins that associate and align with your vision. What does your career look like? How can you get to where you want to be? Continue to ask yourself critical questions. What are you passionate about that will allow you to get creative and make those dreams come to life! Have fun with this. It is supposed to be exciting!
Note: if you are stuck in your career right now, I seriously suggest this exercise. Pin what you are passionate about and then take the skills you have now and try to create a plan of how you can get to where you want to be next.
Why vision boarding?
When we wake up and see our vision board, we get that feeling of excitement!!! We want that “dream” lifestyle we have idealized for ourselves. What do we do when we are excited? We create goals every single day that bring us closer to our dreams. When you live with purpose, you create with INTENTION.
- Morning Journal: Three Goals
Once you have found that spark of excitement and a clear defined dream, it is time to translate that into action. Every morning, prioritize your day by defining three attainable goals to move you forward and towards the person you dream to be. Write your goals in a journal. Writing down your goals is proven to be effective! Make sure your goals are attainable and have measurable.
1. Today I will write a blog post.
2. Today I will go to yoga class at 5pm.
3. Today I will get chapter 5 of my homework done.
- Morning Journal: A Daily Affirmations or Intentions
Write out an affirmation or an intention every day. The difference between intention and affirmation:
Affirmation: owning a sentence in your life like it already exists. Example: “I am overflowing with joy and money in my life – I have everything I need for success.” – OR – “I am strong, smart and I can do whatever I set my mind to.”
Intention: setting an overarching mood, tone or goal for the day. Example: “Today I will complete three tasks to get me closer to the person I want to be.” – OR – “Today I will focus only on what brings me joy.”
Once you have defined your dreams and goals, you must truly feel and embody them. Taking a couple minutes every morning or night to shut your eyes, and envision this dream life you have painted for yourself. You must really feel and be with this person. This meditation should give you excitement, clarity and insight. This meditation will help you evaluate thoughts and gut instincts. You may start to notice a lot of our thoughts are not aligned with our vision. Instead of panicking, analyze what is blocking you right now from aligning with your higher self. That may help you realize what needs to go in your life – and maybe what needs to stay.
I have full confidence that any person can do whatever they set their mind to. If you tell someone your dreams and they tell you, “you’re dreaming too big,” or “that’s not realistic,” DO NOT take this personally. Some people do not have the capacity to think big for themselves. It all comes down to fear. Some people live their whole lives afraid to be what they want. Fear of failure. Fear of losing money. Fear of losing relationships. The reality is, there is no such thing as failure. You only learn lessons as you grow into the person you are meant to be.
I wish you and your dreams the greatest success. Reading this alone, proves that you are determined to do great things. Emma XX