Exploring Las Vegas in 3 days (without the gambling).
I now understand why Las Vegas is one of the best travel destinations in the USA! There are endless activities for you todo! If you are thinking, “I would not have fun in Vegas, I do not gamble…” I felt that way before going to Las Vegas and ended up having so much fun!
Talk Foodie To Me
A list of where we ate in Las Vegas + recommendations:
Breakfast or Brunch:
- Mon Ami Gabi: at The Paris Hotel, amazing omelettes and crepes… Plus it is super picturesque.
- Eggslut: at The Cosmopolitan, a quick delicious breakfast on the go (but you will probably have to wait in line it is such a popular place).
- The Wicked Spoon: also at The Cosmopolitan, this all you can eat buffet came highly recommended and it didn’t disappoint!
- Bellagio Patisserie: For a quick coffee and amazing baked good.
- Gordon Ramsay Burger: Find at Planet Hollywood.
- Gordon Ramsay Fish + Chip Stand: @ Prominade at The Linq.
- In + Out: @ Prominade at The Linq. I was a first timer to In + Out. I like how it is not too greasy and the fries were nice and crispy.
- Eataly: @ Park MGM. A Mediterranean style marketplace lunch.
- Gordon Ramsay Steak House: @ Paris Hotel. I am not a steak lover (as I do not eat much meat) but this was a really good experience with good food.
- Nobu: @ Caesars Palace. If you love sushi like me, this place is worth crossing off your bucket list.
- Cabo Wabo: a Mexican chain that has wicked Mexican food and really fun chill atmosphere.
- Cipriani: @ Wynn Hotel. You cannot go wrong with decadent Italian food.
All the activities you can do in Las Vegas:
- The Water Show @ The Bellagio: once the sunsets watch the Bellagio water show at the front of the hotel.
- Fashion Show Island: located across from The Wynn, this is a great place to shop non-designer clothes.
- Watch a show! There are endless amounts of shows. My personal favourite is watching Cirque De Solei. I highly recommend you watch O at The Bellagio.
- Hotel Hop + Shop: All the hotels in Vegas are worth seeing. They have malls, casinos, restaurants and lives of their own. My favourite hotels worth seeing are: The Wynn, The Cosmopolitan, The Venetian, The Bellagio.
- Walk The Promenade: located between The Flamingo Hotel + The Linq. There are a plethora of restaurants!!
- Zip Line Over the Promenade! This is a real thing!! You can zip line over the promenade and connect to the High Roller Observation Wheel.
- Take a Trip Around High Roller Observation Wheel: this 45 minute trip around will showcase breathtaking Vegas. I wouldn’t recommend this if you don’t like heights or 45 minutes it too long for you!
- My Favourite Casinos: My favourite Casinos are The Cosmopolitan and The Linq.
- My Favourite Hotel Lobby: The Cosmopolitan, the chandeliers are BREATHTAKING! Also, Wynn is stunning. It feels very whimsical. The Venetian, makes you feel like you are in Italy!! Love all three of these.
- Eat your way through Vegas (see food recs above).
- Best Place for Drinks: Cleopatra for dancing! Mandalay Bay Bar Top for a breathtaking view of the city.
- Freemont Street: Visit old Vegas. We didn’t have time to do this, but I wish we had as every single one of my friends recommended it to me.
- Venture out to the Grand Canyon + Red Rock: this is another activity we didn’t have time for but it came highly recommended. My mom said you better come prepared with lots of water cause it can be super hot if you hike around!
- Lounge in the Sun: if it is warm enough, sit by the breathtaking hotel pools all day long and have a couple drinks!
- Spoil Yourself at the Spa: get some R + R in. There is a large selection of hotel spas that will leave you feeling like a million dollars.
Where to Stay?
we stayed at Planet Hollywood since our friends have a membership there. Overall I was REALLY pleased with the experience. We were treated like royalty. I also highly recommend the Cosmopolitan because it is new and central to everything!
What to Wear?
This one is really hard because depending on the time of year, the weather can drastically change. Las Vegas is a desert! In the winter, it can be super chilly during the evening and warm or cold during the day. In the summer it can be the same or scorching hot 24/7. Dress in layers! MOST IMPORTANTLY: wear comfortable shoes. You will be walking 20,000 steps a day. I wore my Nike AirForce1’s, pants and lots of top layers walking around during late February.
Overall Vegas has sooooo much to do it can be overwhelming. Regardless if you gamble and party OR not, you will have so much fun! There is something todo for every type of person. If I have missed something on my list, please comment and tell me your favourites!