Since I have met a lot of new friends on this platform in the last couple months, I thought I would do a fun post: 15 facts you probably didn’t know about me.
I am mostly doing this post because I want to get to know you as well! PLEASE comment below including your name, where you are from, fun facts and all that jazz! Now for the facts about me…
- I was born in 1995. I was born in Mississauga, Canada on August 10th, 1995. I am stoked to share a birthday with Kylie Jenner (minus the fact she is a 1997 baby). I don’t think her and I are exactly alike, but I am determined to follow in her entrepreneurial success. 😉
- I am the oldest of 3 siblings. I have a sister that is 2 years younger, Sara. And a brother that is 7 years younger, Trevor. The 3 of us are super close. I’ve always been a second mom to my brother due to the age gap, but it is crazy seeing him all grown up now. I am definitely an “old soul” or “grandma” type and I swear it’s because I am the oldest child. If you ask any of my close friends, I have always been called “mom” because I don’t party or do anything wild of that nature. Bedtime is 10:30pm for me – at the latest. I live for waking up early and going to bed before 10pm. I seriously cannot wait to have kids of my own, not only because I am excited to be at that stage, but also so I have a valid excuse to not go to a bar or club late at night.
- I lived in San Jose, California. When I was 5-6 years old, my dad worked for a company in California. My parents and my sister moved to Danville, San Jose (my mom was pregnant with Trevor towards the end). I wish that we still lived there (sun, hello!). But at the time, I hated living in San Jose. There was a terrible bully at school and I couldn’t stand the dang flying ants that ate my doll house.
- I am Norwegian, Finnish, English and Irish (in that order). My family is mostly Scandinavian (if you could not already tell from my blonde hair and pale skin). My family is always partaking in Norwegian and Finish traditions – even though most of us now live in Canada.
- I currently live in Vancouver, BC. I have lived in Vancouver since I was 7. I love Vancouver; although I am not opposed to moving somewhere warmer and sunnier. That plan is still in the works 😉
- I am 5’6 (okay, 5.575). When I was younger, I hated my height because I played volleyball. If you ever played volleyball yourself, you would know why. People shorter than 5’10 tend to not go as far in the profession. I was devoted to volleyball all throughout high school. In grade 12, something inside me knew that I didn’t want to play in post-secondary anymore. Now that I am not playing volleyball, I have come to accept my height for what it is!
- I pick my sleeves and ruin all my clothing. You know how some people have nervous ticks like twirling their hair, cracking their knuckles or biting their nails? When I have anxiety, I pick my sleeves. I will have to do a demo on IG one day to show you how I do it. My family hates it. It is not only loud and annoying to listen to, but it also ruins all my clothing. It leaves holes in all my sleeves. This is why no one in my family allows me to borrow their clothing. *Sorry fam.
- Favourite Movie: Gone Girl. I love dramatic movies with lots of twists and turns in it. I especially love movies with a strong and persuasive female character. Love this movie. If you have not seen it, stop reading this… go watch it now! You will thank me later.
- Coffee Order: On a hot summer day, Cold Foam Cold Brew from Starbucks (no added sweeteners). On a winter day, I would pick an Oatly (Barista Edition Milk) Latte.
- Favourite Alcoholic Bevvy: Rosè, Aperol Spritz or Prosecco. Even though I love the occasional drink, I am not a wild heavy drinker. I usually max out after 2-3 drinks (again, not a partier). I enjoy feeling amazing – and a hangover is my worst nightmare. Not worth the four hour high in my experience.
- Favourite Season: Summer by far!! I also love the Christmas/Holiday season.
- Favourite Artists: James Glennon (my dad), H.E.R., Post Malone, Travis Scott – Astroworld, Harry Hudson, Khalid, The Lumineers, Jorja Smith, Cardi B, Teyana Taylor.
- I am a born Yogi. I have always been religious about my yoga and pilates. As someone that experience endometriosis pain daily, yoga and pilates have been the two workouts that I have been able to keep up when in pain (most of the time). I also find these exercises immensely help with anxiety.
- I am a morning person. I would 100% prefer to load my day with important business in the early hours of the AM. After 4-6pm, I am done for the day.
- I love learning, sharing and talking big ideas with others. I think this is the core reason I started this blog. I love promoting a life filled with high vibrations – and I love talking to others about their big dreamy ideas!
With that said, please say hello below!!! Tell me all the facts I need to know about you. If you are new to my blog, welcome! This blog is truly about aligning your best life. I hope that you can find relevant content to elevate your life to be something that you truly desire. Life is WAYYYY too short to not make the best of it. Hopefully you can find some snippets here that help you along your journey!